Monday, September 16, 2013

My Rasta

I discovered the truth when first attempted locs. I was looking for information on starting my locs, care, and such. I came across Rasta. I remember then 12 years ago just being fascinated with the information. Relating to a spiritual figure was a very different feeling, especially being a twice baptized Christian from Clarksville, TN. I really didn't have the means at that time to keep up with studying, I had a new baby and I was young. No excuse of course it wasn't my time, but Rasta was in my heart.  Six years later after a previous failed attempt (I never let the first set lock),  I attempted locs again. During my research I came across more information on Rasta.  At the time I had so much going on in my life, my Grandmother had passed.  I didn't do any studying beyond those few days I spent at the computer researching about my hair.  I didn't know anything but Rastafari, except the Bob Marley I had begin to have heavily rotated in my playlist, but again Rasta stayed in my heart.

Fast forward 7 years to today . I am learning. Over the past 18 months I have been engaged completely in knowing more about being Rastafari. I am Rastafari. I was born Rastafari. I am learning more and more about the truth and have created this blog to share with those who are on this spiritual path with me. Each one teach one.

As a Rasta my mission is unity, peace, and love. Sounds cliche but it is that simple. I openly receive the love and guidance of Jah and share the knowledge I receive. Jah Love, One Heart, Rastafari.  


No comments:

Post a Comment