Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Who is H.I.M?

Books and Internet tell you all about Haile Selassie I being a great man. He was the king of Ethiopia, the only country to be free of foreign influence. It is also written as to why we Rastafari have such a deep admiration for him. He is a direct descendent of King Solomon and Makeda the Queen of Sheba. He is the King of Kings. You can go on Amazon and find so many different books and speeches to enlighten on H.I.M. Below are a few quotes from His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Jah Rastafari.

An awareness of our past is essential to the establishment of our personality and our identity as Africans.

Do not worship me, I am not God. I'm only a man. I worship Jesus Christ.

Peace is a day-to-day problem, the product of a multitude of events and judgments.

Peace is not an 'is,' it is a 'becoming.'

It is important as a Rasta you study on your own. Otherwise how do you know it to be true? Anyone can tell you anything, but if you find the facts yourself and see it yourself. Then you know it’s true and you can hold it true to your heart and your spiritual path.


No comments:

Post a Comment